GRAPEFRUIT, GRAPES AND HIBISCUS JUICE FOR A GLOWY SKIN
What do grapefruit, grapes and hibiscus have in common? Well, they are all full of healing properties, they will help you strengthen your immune system and will boost your skin defence mechanism.
This fresh and energizing juice recipe is a powerhouse of antioxidants!
First, a small grapefruit contents up to 70 mg of Vitamin C. Incorporating it in your diet is the best way to get your recommended daily intake of this vitamin that is known to reduce inflammation and fight free radicals that damage your skin cells. Vitamin C is a precursor of collagen and stimulates its production. A well-balanced skin definitely needs a good amount of vitamin C.
Grapes especially red ones contain a high amount of antioxidants called polyphenols that are essential for skin protection and turnover. One of them is called Resveratrol and has been recognized as one of the most potent anti-ageing natural components. Resveratrol has been studied for several years and is proven to extend healthspan and lifespan. If you are interested in learning more, we recommend you read Lifespan: Why We Age, and Why We Don't Have To by Harvard professor David Andrew Sinclair.
Benefits of grapefruit
Adding grapefruit to your daily diet is an effective way to improve your skin. The vitamins and minerals in grapefruit help your liver and body flush out toxins and waste from all your cells, which will definitely show on your skin. It will ultimately help your skin become brighter and smoother and will balance your skin tone.
Benefits of grapes
Full of Vitamin C and antioxidants, grapes can help to revitalize your skin. They can protect your skin from cancer-causing ultraviolet radiation and free radicals that induce wrinkles and dark spots. A good amount of Vitamin C is essential for your skin to form collagen.
Benefits of hibiscus
Hibiscus has an incredible ability to inhibit the activity of the enzyme elastase. It actively combats the ageing process by firming and lifting your skin.
Nutrition has a tremendous effect on your skin and we are always looking for ways to bring you both inner and outer beauty. Remember, “you are what you eat”. So eat your grapefruit, your grapes and hibiscus but also look for them in your skincare products.
Enjoy this highly nutritious juice and let us know what you think!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- infusing time: 3 hrs
- Total Time: 3 hrs 10 mins
- High-speed blender
- Jar (small size)
- Small bowl
- 5 dried calyces of the hibiscus
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 large pink or red grapefruit
- Put water and hibiscus in a small jar/bowl and let it infuse for at least 3h.
- Filter the hibiscus water, pour it in your blender together with cleaned red grapes
- Blend for about 30sec then sieve the hibiscus-grape juice in a bowl
- Rinse your blender
- Get the supreme of grapefruit and squeeze the juice out of the membranes
- Put the hibiscus-grape juice & the supremes plus the membrane juice in the blender
- Blend to get a fresh grapefruit juice with grapes & hibiscus
- You might want to add some honey or organic maple syrup if you've got a sweet tooth.