30 avril 2020
4 SIMPLE ORGANIZATION TIPS TO TRANSFORM CHAOS INTO CALM
Do you sometimes feel like everything is in disarray? Regardless of how hard you try, you struggle to eliminate chaos. In your mind, you’re probably feeling like too much is happening at once.
However, have you stopped to consider an alternate explanation for the chaos? Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of things happening. Instead, it may simply be caused by how you organize your time.
The opportunity to turn chaos into relative calm is within reach.
With these four simple, yet effective, organization tips, you'll be able to experience a complete turnaround:
1. Allow yourself time to breathe. It's easy to get overwhelmed! That’s especially true if you can’t squeeze breathing time into your schedule. Breathing time refers to those moments you get to recollect yourself.
- Take a break. Have a laugh with friends or watch an episode of your favourite TV show.
- Breathing allows you to re-centre yourself and renew your energy. When you do this, you're able to take on each new challenge with a fresh mind.
- Practice breathing techniques to regain energy and calm your mind
2. Focus on productivity. It's easy to be distracted by the noise around you. And sometimes that noise gives you the feeling of chaos. Instead of giving everything your attention, focus on the things that matter.
- It's difficult to be productive with many things happening at once. Choose the things that are important and ask everything else to take a back seat.
- It's better to accomplish a few meaningful things each day than to dabble in a thousand irrelevant tasks.
- You'll feel more at ease at the end of the day when you produce results.
3. Take inventory of all the things you need to get done. You've already established that everything else is "noise." Now, rank your to-do list in terms of importance.
- Always do the first things first. The things that are most important should be at the top of your list.
- You'll find that this approach helps you calmly focus on one thing at a time. Knowing that you've made time for each item is important. It allows you to relax while working on each task instead of feeling anxious that something will be left behind.
- Try to complete each item before moving to the next. Abandoning this strategy can easily lead to the return of chaos.
4. Ask for help. This is perhaps the easiest way to turn chaos into calm. Sure, you want to do it all yourself. But maybe that's an unrealistic desire. Look around. Ask those trustworthy people in your circle to lend a hand.
- If you know people who are responsible, trust them with helping you. Just explain what you need to be accomplished. They will likely be able to help you get the job done.
- When you ask for help, you will automatically start to relax. That's because you know things are getting done in an acceptable manner. This approach gives you enough time to concentrate on other things.
You can make it through your busy life without feeling burned out. Once you change your approach, you can expect calmness to take over. Finally, you can give your mind and body some well-deserved relief!